Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anticipatory high for Public Enemies

If I had to list my favorite directors, which isn't as hard as listing my favorite movies, Michael Mann would be near the top. He's been known to be all style little substance. I can't say that I totally disagree with that statement. Although, I have trouble seeing Mann in the same category as Joel Schumacher and Michael Bay. I am so excited about Public Enemies! One of my most beloved genres plus the creative vision of Mann and Depp should be a sure bet. Mann has directed some of my favorite films like Last of the Mohicans, and Heat. He's also helmed some other great flicks such as Collateral, Manhunter, Miami Vice, and the Insider. It is rare that you get this type of A-list talent gathered with such a great filmmaker. So I hope that it will be better than American Gangster, which teamed one of my other favorite directors and my two favorite actors in a lackluster crime drama. It will definitely be better than that Hollywood up-chuck Transformers: Rise of the Fallen. I've watched episodes of Blues Clues that had less cheese on it. So let's keep our fingers crossed. I'll get back to you with hopefully rave reviews.

No comments:

Featured Post

  Good Faith… Good faith suggests belief in good.   Faith has always meant believing in something despite the evidence. Good has always mean...

Please Follow