Thursday, August 7, 2008

Big Day in the Life Of Ryan

I don’t usually exploit this venue to speak about personal accomplishments. When I write it’s usually a bitter diatribe. Sometimes I will celebrate the accomplishments, both dubious and laudable of others, but usually not mine. Today, however, I feel the urge to share a little with my wonderful readership. Although that’s probably just my mom, and she’s required to support me in all my ventures. And she already knows. . .
I got a pretty big promotion today. Actually, it’s the largest to date. It was pretty unexpected. Not so much the destination but the complete satisfaction of my demands. That is rare in the business world? It’s mostly unheard of. I’ve rediscovered my belief that there is integrity in the world, and that people do have the capacity for good.
In my life I’ve had a litany of regrets. Mistakes made arbitrarily, and others just not well thought out. A lot would argue I’ve lived a comparatively unexciting and risk-free life. And I would be hard pressed to disagree. But I used to operate under the assumption that hard work will eventually pay off, and talent plus effort---will be subsequently rewarded. This conversely has seldom been the case.
So here’s my nod to the big guy, and a sworn statement to be a little more “glass half-full” around here. And to those of you that are having doubts (mom, just kidding) persistence and determination does have a place in the order of the world.

1 comment:

Mike G. said...

Congratulations!! Now what's the big promotion and where will you be working at?

Featured Post

  Good Faith… Good faith suggests belief in good.   Faith has always meant believing in something despite the evidence. Good has always mean...

Please Follow